One of the biggest questions authors ask me is: “My book has been published for over a year, now what do I do to help keep it going?” Our advice is similar to what it would be for a newly published author, some of which includes:
- Work on getting professional reviews and blog write ups
- Blog content directly from your book on your blog or website
- Build up your social media presence
- Build up your contact list
Another effective strategy is to try to get your book into as many catalogs as possible. The Independent Book Publishers Association (IBPA), in which SDP is a member, offers several channels to promote your book to libraries, booksellers, reviewers, and the media. The IBPA’s cooperative book catalogs come in both print and digital.
- Library Market E-Blast – Members present their titles alongside only 14 others in a special e-blast sent to 5,000 qualified collection development librarians. Three options: Public Library, K-12 Library, or College Library.
- Books for Review E-Blast (new) – Members present their titles alongside 11 others in an email blast sent to approximately 3,000 reviewers, journalists, and bloggers across the U.S. Each title featured includes multiple links that allow reviewers to reach out to members via email and request books for review.
- Books for Review Catalog – Members add information about their title (cover image, short description, contact, and ordering information) to a four-color catalog. The catalog is mailed to newspaper, magazine, and media book reviewers throughout the U.S. Cost is $210 per title.
- Bookstore Catalog (new) – Members add information about their title (cover image, short description, contact and ordering information) to a four-color catalog. The catalog is mailed to approximately 3,500 booksellers throughout the U.S.
- Books for Review/Bookstore Catalog Bundle – Members add information about their title (cover image, short description, contact, and ordering information) to both the Books for Review AND Bookstore Catalogs. The four-color catalogs are mailed to newspaper, magazine, and media book reviewers as well as approximately 3,500 booksellers throughout the U.S.
Click here to find out more about their list of marketing services and catalog publishing schedule.
Not yet a member of IBPA? Click here to join: http://www.ibpa-online.org/join/. We highly recommend the “Books for Review/Bookstore Catalog Bundle.” Please contact us for more information about these programs so that we can help get you on your way for maximum exposure in 2015!
SDP Publishing Solutions, LLC (formerly Sweet Dreams Publishing of Massachusetts) is a leader of self publishing in Massachusetts. We offer optimal self-publishing solutions for authors worldwide. From literary agency representation to worldwide marketing – including international rights – and independent publishing, we provide the best solutions for authors. Our services include developmental editing and copy editing, custom cover design and layout, book marketing, query letter and book proposals, literary agency representation, print, and e-book development. We provide the best exposure for your book!