Valentine’s Day is right around the corner, and SDP Publishing Solutions is pleased to announce that we are now accepting manuscripts for our Best of Romance Manuscript Contest from now through March 6, 2015. Romantic fiction is one of the most popular forms of fiction in the literary world today, and we’re looking for some fresh new authors in the romance category.
We would like submissions to adhere to the Romance Writers of America (RWA) definition of romance fiction, which is as follows:
Two basic elements comprise every romance novel: a central love story and an emotionally satisfying and optimistic ending.
A Central Love Story: The main plot centers around individuals falling in love and struggling to make the relationship work. A writer can include as many subplots as he/she wants as long as the love story is the main focus of the novel.
An Emotionally Satisfying and Optimistic Ending: In a romance, the lovers who risk and struggle for each other and their relationship are rewarded with emotional justice and unconditional love.
Romance novels may have any tone or style, be set in any place or time, and have varying levels of sensuality—ranging from sweet to extremely hot. These settings and distinctions of plot create specific subgenres within romance fiction. You can read more about the subgenres of romance fiction here: http://www.rwa.org/p/cm/ld/fid=579.
SDP Publishing’s Best of Romance Manuscript Contest Rules and Details:
1. PG-13 to R-rated manuscript (no dark or X-rated manuscripts please)
2. Has to have a developed plot
3. A 300-word or less book synopsis
4. 300-word or less bio about the author
6. 1 to 3 consecutive chapters
7. Contact information (name, email, address, phone number)
8. Provide all of the above in one Microsoft Word file (with all of the above information) and submit through the form below.
- First place: A free round of proofreading services (out of 3 rounds of editorial services). (Up to a $500 value!)
- Second place: $150 off 3 rounds of editorial services
- Third place: $100 off 3 rounds of editorial services
All three winners will receive one free press release distribution on our full publishing package services (worth $150).
All authors who submit will receive a 45-minute free consultation with an editor and publisher. We are looking forward to reading your submissions!
Winners will be announced in Mid-March.
MANUSCRIPT SUBMISSION FORM