“The question isn’t whether or not you should wait to be picked, the question is whether you care enough to pick yourself.” ~Seth Godin
Benjamin Franklin, one of our most illustrious founding fathers and arguably one of the most successful entrepreneurs in US history, realized this fact early on in his life. While it was convenient that he came from a background in printing and publishing, he understood that independently publishing his writing was one of the best ways to promote himself as both a public figure and a businessman. This remains as true today as it did in Franklin’s time. Self-publishing a book is one of the most practical and best ways to promote your business. It provides the opportunity to share what you know, build credibility, and promote your business.
- A book specific to your industry and business can be a valuable sales and marketing tool that clearly establishes your brand.
- It can help you establish yourself as an expert in your market.
- It provides a platform to stand out among your competitors.
- Writing a book can help you book professional speaking engagements.
- It can provide you with an opportunity to get local, and potentially national, publicity and media coverage for your business.
You’re an entrepreneur and/or business owner because you’re an independent operator and thinker. Chances are you also have a few strong opinions and valuable experience that others could learn from. Publishing a book can lead you and your business to new experiences, possibilities, and opportunities.
- Determine what makes you stand out in your market and why you’re successful. What lessons can you impart about your market, business, experience, expertise, etc.? Start writing!
- It doesn’t have to be long. Some of the most successful independently published books are only a few pages.
- No matter how short, you want to make sure that the book has a professional look and feel. This includes layout and artwork.
- Work with a professional editor to make sure that your message is honed and clear.
SDP Publishing Solutions, LLC (formerly Sweet Dreams Publishing of Massachusetts) offers optimal publishing solutions for authors worldwide. From literary agency representation to worldwide marketing – including international rights – and independent publishing, we provide the best solutions for authors. Our services include developmental editing and copyediting, custom cover design and layout, book marketing, query letter and book proposals, literary agency representation, print and e-book development. We provide the best exposure for your book!